Saturday, November 7, 2020

day THIRTEEN HUNDRED and NINETY

SENDING THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO THE WHITE HOUSE 


They don’t want to know what I’m thinking. I’d still send
my thoughts telepathically but I don’t believe in telepathy.

I don’t believe in prayer either, but I’ve been praying anyway
as though hoping it could, this once, get me what I want.

People with more power and money than I seem to think
thoughts and prayers a sufficient response to anything.

They offer them to victims of natural disasters, diseases,
and violence. I apply them to poor political decisions.

They never define their thoughts nor reveal their prayers.
I suppose, like a birthday candle wish, to do so would jinx it.

I try to be discrete hoping that will at least keep me out of the
hands of the secret service, homeland security, and the DOJ.

With the West Wing now a hothouse of viral contagion, it makes
me wonder if my thoughts and prayers may have worked after all.

--M.J. Arcangelini

No comments: