Monday, September 13, 2010

poem of the day 09.13.10

horsefly horseshit

all the words
have been swimming
in the sewer
for me
as of late

they are shit covered
worthless

like life this week

and you
you fuck
dive bombing me
on 78th street
like a kamikaze pilot

what in the hell did
i do to you
to deserve this?

an icepack on my shin
scratching an itch that
won’t quit

cortisone-scented
and mean

a red egg of flesh
bulging out of my leg

wondering why i’m always
coming down the street
at the wrong time

passed the flags
and garbage cans of america
full of insects like you

having a bone to pick
with the common man.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fierce...

...Hope that really didn't happen, btw.

John Grochalski said...

it did...fucker dive bombed me last wednesday. was swollen and itchy until at least saturday.

Pat Tillett said...

That sucks! But it did get you pissed off and writing...