Saturday, March 3, 2018

day FOUR HUNDRED and EIGHT




Women’s March 2018

“No more pandering, No more feeling guilty about hurting someone’s feelings when something doesn’t feel right for me. I have made a promise to myself to be responsible to my self, that in order to trust my instincts I must first respect them.” – Scarlett Johansson

I join thousands of women
who work beneath glass ceilings,
behind a pink curtain,
under atrocious conditions

We honor those who toil at cash registers,
labor in fields, hotels, restaurants,
harried and nameless in gray corporations,
underpaid, undervalued and overwhelmed.

Today we demonstrate unity,
flex political muscle, power in numbers.
Our signs express humor,
frustration, simmering anger.

Time’s up on unwanted second-class status.
We’re fed up, pissed off, out of patience,
unwilling to accept less than our due.
No more lies, harassment, gross disrespect.

- Jennifer Lagier

No comments: