Friday, January 25, 2019

day SEVEN HUNDRED and THIRTY SIX


 As Seen On T.V.

Small, Muslim children blown to bits by bombs
But our normal, Western lives go on
We read it in newspapers, we see it on T.V.
But to us it means nothing
It doesn't affect you and me

Red hot, hatred
Red hot sun
Roadside I.E.D.'s
To us it doesn't mean a thing
It doesn't affect you and me

Planes dropping bombs, all night, all day
Destroying homes and lives, but what can we say ?
We read it in the papers, we see it on T.V.
But to us, it doesn't mean a thing
It doesn't affect you and me

Young men swearing Jihad
Wanting to die for a cause
But we don't understand it
And we never will because

To us it means nothing
It doesn't affect you or me
It's just something we read in the papers
Or see on T.V.

--Ian Copestick


No comments: