Wednesday, May 8, 2019

day EIGHT HUNDRED and THIRTY NINE

A PLEA TO YOUR LIGHT, FROM YOUR FUTURE NOTHINGNESS

Dear sir, allow me if you will
to make a plea to your light,
from your future nothingness.
Your Senate seat
was meant to encourage you
to take a stand,
not sit down!
And yes, I concede —
It is a very confusing chair.
You have mitigated risk
with business acumen
and strategy,
forgetting the legacy and impact
that comes only when you are
both reckless and right,
responsible to your heart
but irresponsible by common standards.

The real reason egos scream so loudly
is because they know their own futility.
If you heed these howls,
which you will kindly notice
are always in your mind
and never in your heart,
you will assure yourself the finest seat
in nothingness.

Oh darkness, how long have you felt wounded by the sun?
You want the creatures of the light to come to you
not only in death but also in life.

Oh flailing soul,
will your energies be pronounced
and propelled onwards,
or will they succumb
to vacuum?

I still recall when I was a child
hiking alongside a bubbling creek
with a little girl and she asked me
if I was an ocean spirit
or a space spirit.
She said she thought
she was a space spirit,
one who would skip across the galaxies
and shimmer in the chemical swirls,
while I saw myself
most at home as a droplet
in the violent waves of the sea.

Which are you?

--David Pring-Mil

No comments: