Wednesday, March 28, 2018

day FOUR HUNDRED and THIRTY THREE

What You Do

Dissemble. Distract.
Stir up fake controversies
with conspiracist friends.
Deflect. Deny criminal activity.
Pretend all is well.
Give thanks the recent
assault weapon slaughter
temporarily diverts public attention.

When the media focuses
on your latest sexual scandal,
claim you’re a victim.
Tweet misinformation.
Attack. Accuse.
Use morally stunted mouthpieces
to perform your treasonous bidding.
Bluster and fume.
Tell the world “Pay no attention
to the man behind the green curtain.”

- Jennifer Lagier


In the Shadow of That Wall

"I will build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me --and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words." – Donald J. Trump

Orange Airbag-in-Chief is obsessed with enclosures.
Vows to build a great wall, one that rivals
the immense stone structure bisecting China.
Best of all, Mexico will pay all costs,
an announcement that causes white supremacists
and xenophobes to crow their approval.

I crave a tall barrier to protect
my sensibilities and body
from greedy, sadistic misogynists
currently running our country
into the ground for personal gain,
unfettered dominance, unholy profits.

It’s up to women
to topple this evil regime.
Take back democracy.
Re-establish rule of law.
We’ve had a lifetime of experience
cleaning up destructive men’s messes.

- Jennifer Lagier


No comments: